Saturday, December 10, 2011

White Trash Wine Glass

I have come across these wine glasses at a couple boutiques and I think they are Hilarious!  I use the term wine glass loosely, because they are really just a mason jar on top of a candlestick, but they are so cute.  I bought one at Kirklands, but you can make it yourself for about $2.50. 
Kirklands calls theirs a "Hillbilly Hi-ball", which is pretty funny, too.  I think that you can personalize the label for the drinker that you are gifting.  For my my more refined wine drinking friends, I call it the "White Trash Wine Glass".  And for my Texas and Arkansas friends, I call it the "Redneck Roadie".  Call it whatever you like, it makes a great gift for that special someone.  OR, make a set for yourself so that you can impress company.

Here's what you need:

1 candlestick (I found them for $1.00 at Dollar Tree)
1 Mason jar (Kroger has them year round)
Glue for glass


That's it!  Just glue the candlestick to the jar and then make yourself a cute tag.  I printed my labels out and then put them on Christmas themed scrapbook paper for a tag.  Then I tied it to the bottom with twine. 


If you want to get really fancy, you can buy some glass etching cream and etch an initial onto the jar.  You can also glue bling onto it for that super fancy white trash look we are all striving for. 

So, whether enjoying some fine wine or a stiff drink, these fancy glasses will definitely serve it up right!

3 comments:

  1. What a clever idea! This is my first visit to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a great spot for your readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of glue did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. E6000 is the glue that I used. You can get it at any craft store.

    ReplyDelete