Monday, December 5, 2011

Pumpkin Dessert

Years ago, my first stepmother made me this dessert.  (I say my first stepmother, because my father has graced me with 4 of them. I am very blessed, he has excellent taste in women!) 

This dessert was so good when she made it, I almost ate it all in one sitting.  I always think of it at this time of year so I wanted to share it with you.  It is so easy and so good and every time I take it somewhere, I am asked for the recipe.  I hope you like it!


Pumpkin Dessert

1 (16 oz.) can pumpkin
1 C. Sugar
4 Beaten eggs
1 can sweetened condensed milk
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp allspice
1 tsp vanilla

Topping:
1 box carrot cake
1 ¾ sticks butter (melted)
1-1   ½ cups pecans

Mix together pumpkin, sugar, eggs, spices and milk.  Pour into a 9x13 greased pan.  Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mix, then drizzle butter over dry mix.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.  Sprinkle chopped pecans over top and press lightly into the cake.  Bake for 15 minutes more.  Serve with whipped cream. 

2 comments:

  1. This is one of the few things she still makes-ha!! It is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dessert. I had it several years ago and didn't write down the recipe. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete