Saturday, January 7, 2012

Easy Bow Holder

I have recently become obsessed with hair clips and bows.  With the birth of my 5th child (who is my first girl), I've become a little teensy bit OCD about accessories.  That being said, the hair accessories are about to take over my home.  When I first realized I was having a girl, I went all out decorating her room and made a bow holder to match. Here is a picture of Lucy's room with the original bow holder to the right of the picture. 



Now that it is full, it was time for Bow Holder #2.

Luckily, on my one trip to Goodwill (see earlier post) I had picked up a large wood frame.  Here it is:

It was an ugly wood frame, but it was only $4.  I spray painted it black like this:
I would recommend using Flat black spray paint. It seems that when you go to buy spray paint, there are 1,000 cans of laquer spray paint.  I'm not sure who is painting everything in their house so shiny, but when I meet them I'll be interested to see it.  Not sure I could be friends with those people.  haha!

Once the paint dried, and several days later, since I have to do all my crafts in 5 minute intervals between diaper changes.... I picked out some ribbon, got my staple gun and stapled the ribbon on.  I used a flower clip that I have to eyeball the spacing and then measured the rest to make the ribbons 3 inches apart.

These pictures are totally for your benefit, because I am definitely NOT a perfectionist!  In fact, toward the end of the ribbon row, I just eyeballed them so the spacing is not perfect.  The good thing about it, is that once you add the bows and flowers, no one can tell.

Once I had all the ribbon stapled on, I had to add a picture hanger to the back of my frame so that I could hang it on the wall.

Here is the finished project!
What do you think?  I have it propped on the crib for this picture, but plan to hang it on the wall soon.  As soon as I get done with the next diaper change....

1 comment: